Vagus Nerve and Stimulation – Brain hacking?
The Vagus nerve, trunk located on the left side of human neck and stems reach to outer ear area, provides a unique entrance to the brain. Electrical stimulation of this structure in the cervical region – that is the conventional VNS method – allows direct modulative access to subcortical brain areas. This means a modern and safe way to “hack the brain”.
Vagus nerve stimulation (VNS) has become an established therapy for difficult-to-treat epilepsy during the past 20 years and depression during the past 10 years.
FDA approval since 1997.
Vagus Nerve Stimulation helping to reach well-being and happiness
- Stress relief
- To relieve anxiety and panic disorders
- To mitigate/relieve pains like cluster headache, migraine, fibromyalgia
- To relieve addictions
- To prevent memory loss (AAMI, MCI) and worsening of Alzheimer´s disease
- To treat annoying tinnitus (as a component of TCPT (tinnitus care pathway technology)
- To treat stress-associated insomnia
Transcutaneous Vagus Nerve Stimulation tVNS
Transcutaneous Vagus Nerve Stimulation is a non-invasive method allowing effective stimulation treatments without invasive procedures.
Salustim Group is currently developing new generation non-invasive stimulation device.